The HATEFUL 8 (Leadership traits to avoid unless you just want to piss everyone off)
Here are are my HATEFUL 8 - leadership no no's to absolutely avoid. That is, unless you want to generally demotivate, demoralize and piss off your squad. Here goes:
1. Not caring about your people
2. Not showing respect or treating people like grown ass men and women
3. Failure to listen. Not just hear, but LISTEN
4: Lack of clarity and failure to consistently communicate
5. Lack of honesty, transparency and authenticity (ss if people can’t see right through your bullshit)
6. Not supporting people, giving them recognition or having their backs (usually means a lot of criticizing and a lot of people being thrown under busses)
7. Failure to create MEANING. Failure to motivate the group (with real purpose that goes beyond just hitting numbers) and failure to motivate each individual (with whatever stokes them)
8. Failure to hold everyone, including yourself accountable (to produce, improve and do your jobs)
Simply put, the more I did the opposite of these over the years, the better things went. May you avoid my mistakes. Don't be a hater. Be a leader.
Eric Greene is a proven executive turned success/executive coach + team facilitator at the Greenehouse (www.GHouseCoaching.com). Pouring my experience into helping you work smarter. Lead better. Stress less. Have more fun doing it. And kick way more ass along the way.